“PAINTING from PORCHES”
A Plein Air Art Festival
September 21 and 22, 2019
Cooper-Molera Adobe is Calling for Artists to participate in Painting from Porches, a plein air art festival to be held in harmony with the beauty and charm of Historic Monterey and the Bay.
To honor local HISTORY and ART the festival is calling for artists to participate in a one-day painting venture throughout Historic Monterey. Artists will have the opportunity to paint from porches, balconies, piers, wharfs, and platforms, creating a new perspective for visual interpretation of the town.
The festival will be centered in and around the newly restored property of Cooper Molera Adobe and Gardens in the heart of historic Monterey. The property, dating back to the 1840’s, currently feature restored barns that serve as an events center, a bakery, and a soon-to-open restaurant, all located on the 2.5 acre historic site.
Saturday September 21, 2019. 10:00-3:00pm
- Paint your selected view! Choose your favorite site to paint from the list provided in your application packet: historic adobes, relics, gardens, street scenes, landscapes or seascapes. The choice is up to you and the site you choose! Please choose your 3-three favorite sites from the list provided. The site selection will be selected on a 1st received basis
Sunday, September 22, 2019. 11:00am-4:00pm
- You will have the opportunity to display and sell your work at Cooper-Molera in the adobe and on the grounds. The public will be encouraged to view and purchase your work! You will also be allowed to bring an additional painting to sell from your collection. You will need to provide easels to display your work and you will be responsible for all sales. Cooper -Molera will receive 25% of all sales.
- On Sunday afternoon there will be a presentation when Judge’s awards
and prizes will be announced.
To print out an application please click here:
Copies of the application can be picked up at the adobe during regular business hours in the Cooper-Molera Adobe at Front Desk between 8/27 and 9/12.
Tues. through Sat. 11 – 4pm
Participation is limited to 50 artists so submit your application early.
- Applications due Thursday, September 12th
- Confirmations and event details will be sent/emailed to artists by September 13th
- Event dates: September 20 – 22, 2019
For more information or to receive an application packet contact our Front Desk at 831-223-0172.