Welcome Back Cooper Molera Volunteers!
We are happy to reach out after being closed for some time with new volunteer opportunities. Please take a look below and if you are interested in volunteering for any of the following events or programs, contact The Cooper Molera Adobe Senior Museum Assistant, Dianna O’Briant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-223-0172 Wed-Sun 10 am-4 pm.
Docent Volunteer Opportunities
The Cooper Molera Adobe is looking Docent volunteers!
Docent Volunteers are needed to:
- Greet museum guests, answer questions
- Tour visitors and share the history of the Cooper Molera Adobe
Info for participants:
- Great opportunity if you are interested in local Monterey history!
- Docent material and training provided.
- Searching for weekend volunteers on Saturdays and Sundays, hours are flexible. Adobe is open to the public between 10am and 4pm.
Interested volunteers must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination with limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons. Please contact Museum Assistant for more information on vaccination requirements.
The Cooper Molera Adobe Presents: Garden Pop-up Sale
Saturday, October 2, 9:30am to 12:30 pm
Volunteers are needed to:
- Plant Pickup area: (2 Positions) Needing volunteer runners to help sale customers take sold plants to their cars.
- Cashier: (2 Positions) Volunteers are needed for selling plants and handling cash transactions. Money handling experience required.
Event info for participants:
Garden tours showing before and after renovations of the gardens and property hosted by Al Graham of the Historic Garden League, a Salvia Propagation Workshop hosted by our very own garden designer and consultant, Isabella de Sibert of Stuck in the Mud Carmel.
Plant Sale varieties include scented geraniums, sages, roses, and other propagated plants from the Cooper Molera Gardens.
Proceeds benefit the Cooper Molera Gardens and the Historic Garden League
Hosted by Al Graham of the Historic Garden League
Salvia Propagation Workshop
Hosted by Isabella de Sibert of Stuck in the Mud Carmel (@stuckinthemudcarmel)
With much anticipation, we’re getting prepared for Christmas in the Adobes – a beloved Monterey tradition. We need your help to make this a fantastic event for one and all. Please consider signing up for this fabulous opportunity!
Christmas in the Adobes will take place on December 10th and 11th, from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
We are recruiting volunteers for two shifts each evening, scheduled between 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Shift selection will be first come first serve.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Greeter/ Door Monitor (2 positions): Greeter 1: Greet visitors at the front gate, and provide directions to the adobe entrance, Greeter 2: Door Monitor, provide guidance for timed entry for groups in and out of the adobe.
- Docent (2 positions): Greet visitors inside the adobe, give a timed tour, & answer questions.
- Refreshment Monitor (1 Position)– Refreshments TBD closer to the event. Monitor will oversee replacements of goodies set out for guests.
- Float (2 Positions)– Floating Volunteer for support in other roles for breaks, and other various tasks (setup, breakdown)
COVID 19 Updates:
Many updates and precautions are being considered at Cooper Molera due to COVID-19 including but not limited to:
- Face Masks will be required for all visitors indoors regardless of vaccination status
- Timed entry for groups to the Cooper Adobe/ limited group numbers
- One way floor guides through the Adobe
- Vaccination requirements for all staff and volunteers (*with limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.)
More updates to come as we get closer to the event.
*** You will not need to purchase tickets to the event if you are volunteering, Volunteers will receive a FREE ticket to enjoy CITA. You may not share the pass with family members or friends. Volunteers will also receive a parking pass for the evening.
(If you volunteer with CMA you do not need to purchase tickets)
Adults- $25 ($20 if purchased before November 1st)
2-Night Gold Pass- $40
Youth (age 6-17)- $2
Kids 5 & under- Free
Tickets are available starting October 12th at the Custom House Store
Or purchase online at www.mshpa.org starting October 15th. Tickets are not sold over the phone.
For additional information about Christmas in the Adobes, click here
Questions about current volunteer opportunities?
Contact Dianna O’Briant, Senior Museum Assistant at email@example.com or call 831-223-0172.