Know Before You Go
People experiencing any symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, and/or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19) should not enter Cooper Molera.
The Cooper Molera Adobe complex including the gardens and Alta Bakery is open daily from 7am-4pm.
Food and drink (except bottled water) are prohibited inside the museum.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, Cooper Molera requires the following protocols:
- Masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status (except for those 2 years of age or younger, or anyone instructed by their medical provider not to wear a mask). Thank you for your cooperation.
- Visitors showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at any time will be asked to leave and to return at a later date.
- Coat check is not available; large bags may be left in the front office; no back-worn baby carriers or children on shoulders allowed; soft, front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed. We do not have lockers; any oversized baggage will need to be stored in your vehicle or at home.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are not available to borrow at this time.
Schedule, Hours, and Admission
- As of July 31, 2021 Temporary Open hours are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Plant sales are available during the week Wednesdays through Sundays cash/check only.
- Admission is FREE to the public.
- Alta Bakery and Café is open for indoor and outdoor seating 7am-4pm.
- The Cooper Molera Adobe is located in Downtown Monterey across the street from Simoneau Plaza. Details, maps, and directions may be found here.
Our downstairs ground floor is open to visitors. Check out our Exhibitions page to learn more. Please note that upstairs Sala will remain closed during COVID-19.
Code of Conduct
We look forward to your visit. As you plan your day, we remind you that Cooper Molera Adobe will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to, yelling, violence, intimidation, threats, harassment, aggression, swearing, damage, abuse, or sexual harassment. Individuals who are aggressive toward staff or other visitors will be expelled and escorted off the property. Please review our Visitor Guidelines and Policies for more information.
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed above. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit to Cooper Molera Adobe. Those visiting do so at their own risk of such exposure.